Thursday, January 19, 2012
The Brand Called Obama
I found this article to be very interesting. I'm not a huge politics person, so I know very little about Obama. The article started out with Obama putting off calling fund-raisers or leading a rally, instead he was shooting hoops with his nephew and brother in-law. He argued that shooting hoops was his type of theropy. He was also known for his humorous jokes before he hit the podium. This behavior was not a show, Obama believes that this type of leadership characteristic is important for understanding societies changing ways. His greatest strength is among the young, ages 18-29. He is familiar with what this age group is growing up with and knows how to advertise to them. His website has constant updates, videos, photos, ringtones, and widgets. Obamas website explores how technology is changing politics. By him reaching out on social networks like Facebook and Twitter, he connects to young better than traditional barriers. In the article it identified Obama's new way of thinking as "adaptive leadership." this type of leadership that is effective in handling problems that necessitat a shift. I strongly think that leadership characteristics is a part of your personality and who a you are instead of one being turned into a leader. I think that some people are naturally shy and others are born to be in charge of people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment